Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vegetarianism and You

To quote the legendary and eloquent Shang Tsung, "It has begun."

I'm going to be a vegetarian from Aug. 1 to Sept. 12 and be vegan from Sept. 12 to Sept. 19.

"But why, Nick?"

I've always been curious and think I'm ready to give it a shot. I have friends who are vegetarian or vegan, and I think it'd be a fun thing to try.

I told my dad earlier this week that I plan to do this. His reaction was expected. I know he wasn't serious, but he was less than thrilled. Since the only thing he's heard about veganism is that some folks in the news subscribe to its tenets, his outlook on the lifestyle isn't too positive. That's OK, though, because I know he loves me and would support me regardless of my decisions: gay, straight, vegan, Christian, atheist, whatever.

Anyway, we'll see how this stuff goes. I plan to put all the details, pictures and thoughts on this blog.

May the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment