Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vegebrokian

Sure, eating stuff that's good for you is easy when you have money. Unfortunately, I don't.

I'm starting to see that the vacation I took a couple weeks ago is really eating at my wallet. Though I was conservative with my funds while on vacation, my week without pay is what is ruining my life now.

Hyperbole aside, being broke sucks. I've loved having only one job over the summer, but my "fun" job at the junior high will be a much-needed shot in the pocketbook come next week. I do miss the kids, faculty and staff at good ol' Hillcrest, but I'm worried my newfound relaxation, dependence on Netflix and slightly more active social life will be in jeopardy come Aug. 16. Oh, well. That's life :)

Time for some hummus 'n' pita? I think so.

May the Force be with you.

2 comments:

  1. lol- I was wondering why you were saying you were broke! you should try Trio... they have really awesome flatbread and many vegetarian friendly options. It's nice but super affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After watching Food, Inc. the other night, I've decided to make things even more expensive and difficult for myself by buying mostly organic, especially fruits and veggies. Dinner at Sage's the other night cost me almost $30!

    ReplyDelete